Saturday, October 10, 2015

Halloween In The Dining Room



I was so excited to go to The Market At Chapel Hill last week!  I bought a beautiful fall plaid throw blanket and several other things from Mary of  Urban Farmgirl. I hope to get some photos of my purchases posted soon.

When our farm house sold quickly this summer, we knew we would most likely buy a much smaller house.  The first thing we did when getting ready to move was take the contents of both attics to a storage unit.   All of my holiday decor was stored in the attics, so I knew my decorating this fall was going to be a bit of a challenge, and on a smaller scale.  I bought several new things, but tried to keep my purchases very inexpensive.



 My husband added the trim on the walls as soon as we moved in.  Everything is painted in Sherwin Williams Snowbound.


I'm a big fan of paper placemats.  I have several designs I use year round that I've found at TJ Maxx. I was super excited to find these vintage style Halloween paper placemats in the Zulilly offers.  I love using them with the raven figures, which I did manage to stash in one of the moving boxes to take to the new house.  Pam and I each bought a set of these at Hobby Lobby last year.



This house only has a dining room/area at the end of the living room.  There is no room in the kitchen for a table.  The table and chairs I'm using here was what I used in my kitchen at the farmhouse.






I found the cake stand at TJ Maxx this summer.  I quickly regretted not getting another one in the smaller size at the time.  I went back several days later but they were all gone.




Thanks for stopping by!
Robin


Sharing at:
Savvy Southern Style


3 comments:

  1. Really cute!

    I've never even thought about paper placemats and now I'm going to be on the lookout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,
    Love all the Fall décor in your dining room...that cake plate is so cute. It was nice seeing you last week at the market...hope you had a wonderful time there.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Halloween decor! Love the ravens and the turquoise of your cake stand and hutch! great table and chairs too! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete