Sunday, November 16, 2014

Vintage Style Flash Cards



When Pam and I went to the Bella Rustica Barn Sale last month, we saw a vendor with very large flash cards.  I fully intended to get some, but apparently got distracted and forgot.  I was curious when I found a download for sale on Etsy, for large flash cards.  I figured I would give it a try, at $3.99.

I printed the set of 12 cards (3 per page) on off white card stock.  I just happened to have a heavier weight card stock on hand, and  I think it was the best for how I wanted to use these.  Although I did have to give it a nudge to get it to feed through my printer.  I just printed, and cut each one out.


And since the cards were for words like "glitter" and "crown", I broke out the German glass glitter and used it on a "Frozen" crown from Dollar General.



I purchased the card printable from the shop at THIS LINK .   There are other options for the word groups and sizes.  I think these are pretty cool and plan to go back and purchase some more, when I figure out a use for them.














Thanks for stopping by!
Robin

5 comments:

  1. These are really cute and I like how you are using them...pretty crown too.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!! I actually spent a few hours this weekend making my own...or making the prototypes that is. I'm going to look at the download. Might be much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the message to "create." Beautiful cards. I've wanted to make jar labels for a while--you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, thanks so much for dropping this post with the vintage cards. I have been looking for some of these (original vintage) to display when I take my photos for items I sell. Now I don't have to look any further. By the way....I am lovin the vintage typewriter.

    ReplyDelete