Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sign Making And A Peek Into My Studio

 
I spent a good bit of time this weekend making signs to take to the Nashville Flea Market next month.  I love weekends when I get playtime in my new studio.
 
 
 
I tried some different methods, using Annie Sloan paint and wax, Amy Howard paint, regular paint, and ink transfers.  And if you couldn't tell, ahem, I broke in a new orbital sander :)  I plan to make quite a few more of these, and will try varying degrees of distressing. 
 



 
I had planned a post on my new studio, but things got hectic in there before I could take pictures.  Up until a couple of months ago, this was my storage room/laundry room/raise baby chicks room, etc...  We pulled everything out, including the cabinets and light fixtures, for a complete makeover.
 
 
Some of my projects to take to the Nashville Flea Market next month :)

 
Thanks for stopping by :)
I hope everyone has a great week!

Sharing at:
Coastal Charm

4 comments:

  1. Hey Robin,
    Love the signs! R u and Pam doing Flea? I really miss it. Trying to get something going in the Atlanta area. Alot to pick from. So, between one crafter or diy persons. Is that a did you do your tranfer techique on signs? and is the subway signs a stencil? if it a secret , I understand. Ha. Go visit my blog, I updated it with all the media gadgets and stuff. Thanks. and good luck at Flea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! We are going back to the flea next month. Will miss having you there. The subway sign is a stencil. The cow with a crown is an ink transfer using the citrasolv method. I waxed over it with dark and regular wax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The signs are wonderful and I am sure that they will be a big hit at the flea market...wish I could make it up there for it. Looks like I might be going to Round Top next month, to do some pickin' for CF and Chapel Market.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
    Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
    More here postallads4free.com

    ReplyDelete