Sunday, June 8, 2014

Adding Some Color To The Kitchen

 

 
While perusing house listings a couple of months ago, one house in particular stuck in my head.  It was beautifully staged, with grey the dominant color throughout.  There were pops of color here and there, using pinks and blues.  The kitchen had a blue chest of drawers that I immediately loved!  It was no surprise that the house sold almost immediately.  There was a moving sale, which  I anxiously went to.  Too bad for me, everything I drooled over in the pictures was all in a room marked "not for sale".  So, I set out to recreate some of the looks.  The first thing I did was paint something in my kitchen blue :)  Then I found these cheery dish towels hanging on my oven doors, from H & M.


 
 
 

 
I'm loving the fresh smelling candle from Bath and Body, along with the pretty color it adds.
The flowers were my weekly pick from the $4 bunches at Publix.

 
Thanks to a couple of blogs I've been reading, I just discovered "Fixer Upper" on HGTV and the blog!  I've watched all episodes, some twice, just over the last 3 days.  I love the inspiration I find on all of your blogs!

 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Robin

3 comments:

  1. Love love love your blue cabinet! I'm trying to add some blue into my kitchen too but just with small accessories so far. Your cabinet is wonderful.

    I've been watching Fixer Upper too. The show takes place in Waco and we are just about 100 miles from there so it's fun to watch something from Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! I think if I were that close to Waco, I'd be stalking some of those houses! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the color update! I haven't caught the new show yet but I want to, I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete