Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Change In My Decorating Style



 
I thought it would be fun to show how much the style of my breakfast area has changed since we built the house almost 7 years ago. 
 
We moved in during the Fall, which is my favorite season.  The wall color was called "autumn pumpkin".  While I was in the paint decision making process, Pottery Barn sent out their catalog with the same wall color and black cabinet combination.  That pretty much sealed the deal in my mind.  But as time went on, I started loving the calming greys and whites, and leaning more towards a glamorous look instead of a rustic look.  Eventually  I began to cringe every time I looked at the wall color.
 
The change in the style was fairly easy.  The biggest style changes were the wall color and light fixture.  I've listed the sources below:
 
Walls are painted Sherwin Williams Perfect Greige. 
The table is from Pottery Barn and has removable end pieces. I painted it ASCP Old White.
End chairs  - Ballard Designs
Pillows in chairs - HM.com
Bench - yard sale find at $15
Rug - Décor Steals
Chandelier - Overstock.com
Chalkboard Canvas - TJ Maxx or Marshalls (I can't remember which one)
Fork and Spoon - Hobby Lobby
Blinds - Lowe's
 
So how often does your style change?
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Robin
 

2 comments:

  1. I love both looks...I've noticed I have been migrating towards neutrel tones myself! Your dining room look lovely! ~Angela @ simplysimplisticlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your "old" style, which speaks warm and cozy to me. Your "new" style is lovely too.
    Angie in TN

    ReplyDelete