Sunday, May 18, 2014

Rearranging After An Empty Nest




I'm finally back with some new pictures!   :)  We now officially have an empty nest.  My daughter is a college senior and decided to get a place off campus this spring.  My son decided that at the age of 20, he wanted to experience life out on his own.   I sent them each off with their bedroom furniture and few other pieces around the house.   This  is my daughter's room post move-out.  I found the night stands and headboard at the Nashville Flea Market.  I painted them in the Annie Sloan Graphite.


 
This is her bathroom.  Now that the house is empty, we've actually put our little farm up for sale.  That means I cleaned out closets and started taking pictures.

 
When we originally built the house about 7 years ago, we tried to stay true to a farmhouse style.  We used the bead board on the walls, and pedestal sinks in all 3 full baths.  We also had them all painted in Sherwin Williams Perfect Greige about a year ago.

 
 
I'm expecting a rug delivery tomorrow.  If I like the way it looks in the porch room, I will be back soon with more pictures.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Robin

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bed and bath. Your farmhouse is so pretty and I'm sure it will sell right away. I wouldn't want to give it up. Keep in mind that children often return! LOL!

    hugs
    sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love every inch of it, you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these rooms are very charming my friend. I'm sure your beautiful home will sell fast.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I'm getting excited about the Barn sale in Franklin this fall. Hope to see you there.

      Delete
  4. Oh it looks so pretty! I have two sons who are 24 and 22...just to let you know...sometimes they come back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey. I'm hoping to get them back for a little while at some point in the future.

      Delete
  5. I love your home, this makes me sad my last son is graduating high school next year. But my husband and I want to do the opposite we want to buy a small farm for our empty nest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol :) I love farms. Unfortunately our is almost 50 miles from our jobs. I would love to find one closer to work :)

      Delete
  6. Where is your farm located and do you have a link to buying your property?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol. It is in Rutherford County, TN. Just outside Murfreesboro.

      Delete