Monday, December 2, 2013

Vintage Christmas Mantle


We are going to pretend that three of my last four posts haven't included these blue mason jar snow globes :)   I actually had put up something entirely different on this mantle when I started thinking about this red berry garland I had noticed in the attic.  One thing led to another and I started  all over with this red and blue combination. 
  
I'm planning to keep my decorating low key this year.  I'm still trying to adjust to Empty Nest Syndrome :(  Sometimes I wonder if I should align the amount of my holiday decorations with how many people will actually see them.  There is a lot less traffic through my house than in years passed. 



I have been hanging on to this grain sack fabric I ordered from Decorsteals trying to decide what to make with it.  I thought the colors would look good with the mantle so I whipped up some stockings.














Thanks for stopping by!
Robin

Sharing this week at:

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! The Lettered Cottage is having a huge Christmas mantel party today. I don' think the link is up yet but, it will be good.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete