Saturday, April 20, 2013

Kitchen Island - Take Two

 
My island was originally a mustard yellow color.  When the kitchen was repainted in perfect greige, I painted the island the same color as the walls.  After I had time to settle in with the color, I felt the kitchen was a bit too dark.  Although there are several windows, the light just doesn't fill the room.   I repainted the island in a creamy white.


I went outside searching for something in bloom, with my magnolia trees in mind.  I couldn't find a single thing, so I clipped some shrubs for a little color. :)
 
 
The island is made from old doors that have been cut in half. 

 


 
 







Thanks for stopping by!

Robin
 

13 comments:

  1. The island is amazing! Love the details and the new color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white is lovely and the island is stunning. I adore our barstools too. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your island is such a gorgeous piece! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool island, love the old doors that you used! Fresh paint...always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mix of old and new. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this island white. So bright in the room. Very pretty. Aren't you amazed what a little paint can do!!!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. Yes, paint makes everything new again (or old) :)

      Delete
  7. beautiful beautiful island! love the old doors

    ReplyDelete