Saturday, March 2, 2013

Farmhouse Bath



 
 
Whew!  After weeks and weeks, my baths are finally finished.  In 3 bathrooms we had the old tile floors torn out, re-tiled and the walls painted. In this bath, we also had the old shower torn out and re-tiled.  Everything is contingent on something else, and the whole process was quite time consuming.  These pictures are of our master bath.  When we picked out these house plans about 6 years ago, I wanted to recreate an old farmhouse.  The claw foot tub is from the 1930s.  We bought 2 of these and had them refinished.  When picking out the faucets, I tried to stay as true to the time period as possible.
 
 
 



Pam surprised me with the cow painting last week.  I just happened to have a yard sale frame that worked perfect with it.  I thought it was perfect for a farmhouse bathroom.




 
The walls were painted with Sherwin Williams Perfect Greige.  We switched out the old white faux wood blind.  I had been dreaming of a chandelier over this tub for a long time, but when it was time to shop for one, I just couldn't find one that I loved.   We found this mercury glass fixture at Home Depot last weekend.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There are still plenty of bare walls in here.  After getting all the old nails holes patched and freshly painted, I wanted to make sure I put up things that I would be happy with for quite a while.  I'm still on the hunt for the right things.



 
 

 

 
 
 
One big thing still on our to-do list is getting a glass shower door installed :) 
 


 
 
 
 
Hopefully my projects will start moving along more quickly now.  I'm hosting a reception for Pam and her soon-to-be husband in May, after they are married.   I've certainly got some work cut out for me between now and then!
 
Thanks so much fort stopping by!
 
Robin
 
 
Sharing at:
 


 

44 comments:

  1. you have created a beautiful bathroom!! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one charming bath! Love the tub and those new floors are GREAT!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the way you used 2 sinks, but on different walls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Our family home (we sold after our children grew up) was an old mission style home from the 1800's and had a claw foot tub with the same identical facet and handles that you picked...I REALLY miss that tub! Love the shower, bead board and that pretty mercury glass light fixture, hope you find your chandelier sometime, but until then this one is so pretty!! Beautiful bathroom, I am so jealous!
    ~Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. The cow painting is just perfect to help off-set some of the more clean, contemporary touches and the bath is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a pretty bathroom! Magazine worthy! Oh I wish I had such beautiful trim work in mine. Cute cow painting♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your farmhouse bathroom! I'm a new follower and am off to tour your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. I love the creamy whites and warm browns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous - great vintage details and smart to wait for just the right things to fill up the space! The cow painting is the perfect quirky touch! Will be pinning this!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful farmhouse bathroom. Love the cow painting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this bathroom! The cow painting is perfect! Following along your blog now...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! You have done an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous bath. Love the tub and the cow is so cute!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone visiting! Your kind words are truly appreciated :)Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bathroom turned out beautifully! I'm sure you're loving it.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bathroom is gorgeous! I have always wanted a claw foot tub. Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pam and Robin,
    Oh my what a beautiful bathroom. I found you over at Savvy Southern Style and am now a new follower. Love your blog.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO beautiful! We just built our new farmhouse and I wanted the same thing you described: that old farmhouse feel. LOVE your bath!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So gorgeous! I love this bathroom!! I'm your newest follower ;)
    Jamie www.somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I just spent some time on yours and it is beautiful...love your style! Where did you get the "It's all Good" wall art?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina! The chalkboard canvas art is from TJ Maxx.

      Delete
  21. Oh I absolutely LOVE everything about this gorgeous bathroom! You did such a beautiful job! That tub is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW - great job - love everything about the bathroom. Love the cow picture also. Can hardly wait to see the rest of your remodeling.
    I'm a new follower.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty bathroom. Love the big cow picture. Everything looks just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the feature on Savvy Southern Style!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty! Love the cow painting. You mentioned it was a gift, would you happen to know where it was purchased? I would love one!
    Thanks,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister said it came from a store in Bardstown, KY called "At Mary's". Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  26. I love this! Such a pretty...soothing creation :) I'm now following along for the ride ;)

    Jessica
    www.thejunknest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that reads this blog and give a special shout out to our new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your master bath!...we just completed ours as well and I have a lot of bare walls too...It is hard to decide on exactly what I want to do. Yours looks amazing.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous and clean. We love it!
    The Ladies at Crafton Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your bath...fabulous! A new follower here.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your bathroom! I think the cow picture really grabbed my attention! :) also, wanted to stop by and thank you for your sweet comments on my soap dispensers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your bathroom, the wall color, and the tiles. Where did you find the tiles and what brand/color are they? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete