Monday, January 21, 2013

French Script Fabric and Coffee



I went to Hobby Lobby last week looking for some fabric to use in my guest room.  At this point I'm going with a black/white/grey theme.  I have a twin bed in there and I just ordered a white quilt and sham.  However, when I saw this off white/black French script fabric, I knew I had to have some. I wasn't sure in which room or how I was going to use this fabric at the time.  My new dining room rug came in on Saturday (which you can see a peek of in this picture) and since this stool usually stays in the Butler's Pantry, I wanted to keep my colors between the kitchen and dining room complimentary. 
So this was my chance to use my new fabric.  I also made a dish towel to match.  I bought 2 yards of the fabric, which was around $9/yard, but I used a 40% coupon, which is available online most weeks.  I may be going  back for some more.  This is a medium weight cotton and would be good for placemats and napkins also.
 
 
 
This is my Butler's Pantry area, which I use for a coffee/hot beverage bar.  I was excited to find this rooster creamer at Target on clearance a couple of weeks ago.
 
 


 
 
 
After checking Linda's picks at Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday last week, and seeing how Ann at White Lace Cottage used a French Drying Rack, I just had to have one.  Of course, I also had to stick within my budget.  I remembered that World Market carried a smaller reproduction drying rack.  It isn't nearly as beautiful as Ann's, but at under $20 delivered to my door, I am very happy with it.  In case you want to order one online, the website said they were backordered 1 to 2 weeks, but I still received mine in a few days.  I ordered it Monday or Tuesday, and had it by Friday.
 


 
I also hung a framed burlap coffee sack.  And, since I hung it too high, I added a plate I found recently at Marshall's to balance things out.  :) 






 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I have a lot of projects planned that I want to share, but I'm still working around contractors and the remodeling/repairs going on.  I am off work today for the holiday, but I have 2 plumbers in my master bath, and someone else laying flooring in the upstairs attic (so I can store more goodies :).  I'm pretty much restricted to my kitchen today, so I'm playing at the computer!   I hope to share my dining room updates next.  I have some chair painting to do first :)
 
I hope everyone has a great week!
 
Robin
 
Sharing at:

Feathered Nest Friday
Coastal Charm
Pin It

19 comments:

  1. Love it! I have a friend with a butler's pantry and she uses the big scoops for sweet and low too. I love the look. Your little rooster is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that fabric you found! and the mug rack is really cute! would love to have one...but I don't know where could I put it!the black, white and gray scheme looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color scheme of your rooms- the gray/white is so pleasant and soothing. The World Market rack is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your butler's pantry display is so inviting... love it. Really enjoying following your blog... so much fun!
    melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love it. I am your newest fan. This is the look I am looking for...thanks for the inspiration.
    Nancy
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful new goodies!!!! Love the little peek you showed of you new rug too! I didn't realize WM sold those little drying racks....I will have to check that out :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin,
    love the way you've used your pantry, the drying rack fits there perfectly and I love the fabric, so sad I can't sew! I think it would make amazing Christmas stockings! HL is one of my favorite places to shop!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin, I love your fabric and your drying rack and your rooster creamer and your...stuff! We found you at Coastal Charm and are joining your lovely blog. Hope you will visit us and join us too! We too love all things French and we are sisters sharing a blog!

    Linda and Jeannie at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I was so glad I read blogs today and especially yours. It's weird you and I have the same decorating taste. lol I saw your 'wine bottle dryer'. I have been looking for one for months. The big one I can find affordably, but the one at World Market is perfect in size and the price is, just unbelieveable. I have a coffee nook too, but, it is in my kitchen. We have lots of counter space. Thanks for sharing. Blessings Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you used the large scoop to hold the coffee pods. Brilliant.I'm not a seamstress so I'm jealous of your sewing skills. Everything looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Anne! I try to limit my sewing projects to simple straight lines :)

      Delete
  11. My spouse anԁ Ι stumbled over herе cоming
    from a different pagе and thought Ι might сheсκ
    thіngs out. I like ωhat I ѕee ѕo now i'm following you. Look forward to looking over your web page repeatedly.
    Also visit my web blog ... loans for bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been browsing your archives and I love your blog. Your home is beautiful! I just signed up as a new follower.
    xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete