Translate

Translate

Sunday, January 6, 2013

A New Ottoman Coffee Table

 
 
 
I had a little Christmas money to spend, so I headed to Marshall's.  Normally I find the biggest furniture selection at TJ Maxx, but on this particular day there must have been a recent shipment, because Marshall's was packed with great pieces.  Lots of benches, chairs, etc.  I saw several pieces I could have used, but a new coffee table to go with my new sofa was high on my list.  This oval tufted ottoman was just what I was looking for.  The color, size and shape are perfect for my new furniture and arrangement in our living room. 
 
 


This piece is perfect for what I want to use it for.  However, it isn't super sturdy and I wouldn't recommend anyone sit on it.





 











 
 
I've been craving a little pop of color in this room.  I was thinking about painting the small dresser a soft blue or green, pulling from the colors in a couple of the paintings in this room.  You all have painted some wonderful pieces that I've been drooling over on your blogs.  I'm feeling inspired!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope every one's year has gotten off to a great start!
 
Robin


Sharing at:

Savvy Southern Style

9 comments:

  1. Your new ottoman is lovely and it looks great in your beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It is perfect in your room....
    Nancy
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new ottoman looks great!! Such a pretty room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I love a tufted ottoman too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we had a TJ Maxx by us, but we do have a Marshall's...I've got to start going there more! Your ottoman is lovely and looks great in your room. I see Miss Mustard Seed's new book on your lovely ottoman...I just won a copy of it and can't wait to sit down and get into it!
    I'm your newest follower and just going through some of your older posts...love your site!
    Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pendra! I've really enjoyed the book so far, but want to spend more time studying it.

      Delete
  6. Thank you everyone for visiting and for such kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I just found your blog this morning through Kim's Savvy Southern Style. I'm loving it so far! Question: Is that coffee beans you're using as vase filler in your hurricane? Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, yes those are coffee beans around the candle. I had a bag that was a bit past its prime for brewing, so I just tossed them in the hurricane :) Robin

      Delete