Translate

Translate

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Simple Christmas Decorating This Year


 
With all of the remodeling we are in the middle of, decorating has taken a back seat this year.  From Halloween through the day before Thanksgiving, most of the contents from downstairs were packed up in boxes and stacked in various corners.
 
I came home from work one day to find my husband had bought these wreaths at Sam's Club and hung them on the front doors. That was certainly a nice surprise.
 
 
This is the landing and stairs just inside the front door.   A large part of my decorating was just using clippings from outside.



 
 
 
My husband proved he actually listens to my ramblings, and put this little scene together the same day he surprised me with the wreaths.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
This tree is in my kitchen.  The day after Thanksgiving I felt the urge to venture out to Old Time Pottery and buy a couple of the pre-lit trees for some quick decorating.
 
 
This year decorating was really about just making do with what I could easily get my hands on, and didn't require much time or concentration.
 
 

 

 
 
 
Well, I guess that's it for my Christmas pictures.  This is my second attempt to post this, as half of the pictures and everything I had written just vanished from Blogger.  My draft at the halfway point also published without my knowledge.  Now, it could all be the operator.  But now I can't remember if I've included all the pictures I wanted to use.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Robin
 

4 comments:

  1. Simple, but so beautiful with a bit of elegance! Love your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used festive tree branches to bring Christmas into your home -- simple and beautiful. You have fantastic taste in decor. Thanks for shopping at Sam’s Club. – Carrie @samsclubcarrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, I love that you used festive tree branches to decorate your home. Everything looks so simple and beautiful. It’s a great way to celebrate the season without spending a lot of time decorating. Thanks for shopping at Sam’s Club! – Carrie from Sam’s Club

    ReplyDelete