Translate

Translate

Sunday, December 9, 2012

New Furniture For The Family Room



Our family room got a facelift of sorts.  While it is one of the few rooms we aren't planning to paint at this time, it did get rejuvenated with new furniture.  While my daughter was home on Thanksgiving break, I drug her out furniture shopping with me, several times.  We picked out the sofa first.  After it was delivered and we had a few days to get the feel of it in the room, we headed out to buy chairs.


We also did a lot of pillow shopping.  Most of these pillows came from Marshall's.




The arrangement may change after Christmas, when the tree is no longer occupying a large corner.


Our previous furniture was too bulky for this room.  I was trying to go for a more refined look this time.


The coffee table may eventually be replaced.  It is was my first ever furniture purchase from Pottery Barn, and has since been painted in ASCP French linen.



I totally copied this bear on a tray idea from another blog, only now I can't remember which one.  I thought it was Cassie at Primitive and Proper, but when I went to link back to her post, I couldn't find it.  If anyone recognizes this, please let me know so I can give a proper link back.


This chair is actually a recliner.  I'm afraid this is as recliner-ish as I can go.



One of the main reasons I bought this sofa was the pillows.  They were all included, and have nice heavy feather inserts.









Thanks for stopping by!  

Robin

I'm linking to:
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/atlanta-botanical-gardens-garden-lights-holiday-nights/


Wow Us Wednesdays
 Feathered Nest Friday

6 comments:

  1. Your new furniture is AWESOME!

    What a wonderful space that is!

    Don't you just love doing those kinds of things with your daughter? I know I sure do, too!

    Looks GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your furniture is elegant but friendly. I hope that makes sense to you. We are going to be buying new furniture for our living room/great room, and I like what you have done. Like you, I don't like a chair to look like a recliner, but I like the comfort of one. I like your choices. Blessings and Merry Christmas Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone for your kind comments! Yes, fixitfaerie I know what you mean. It's hard to find furniture that is both. I tried to keep comfort in mind as much as possible when looking for pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOLTO ACCOGLIENTE E CURATO!!!COMPLIMENTI E BACI!!!

    ReplyDelete