Translate

Translate

Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Copycat Drink Jar

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When I saw this drink jar and ladle in the Ballard catalog, I thought this was such a great idea for a modern take on the punch bowl.  But at $99 for the set,  this wasn't going to grace my table any time soon.   I use large glass jars  for my flour and sugar, and knew it was probably the same size.  After some measuring and online shopping for ladles, I knew I could do a much less expensive copy cat version of this set.
 
I get these large glass jars (with glass lid) at Target and Wal-Mart.  This jar was around $13 at Target last month.  The ladle I ordered through Amazon  HERE for $12.99. Whenever I order through Amazon, I always add on something so I can get the free shipping with $25 purchase.  I usually add something practical like hygiene products or food. :)  So for $26  I got a set I was happy with and a price I could actually afford.  The ladle doesn't have the beautiful curve as the one in Ballard, but it does have the hook end and functions the same.  For a savings of $73, I can live with this difference.
 
 
 
For a Christmas Party I tied a satin ribbon around the jar.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Robin
 
I'm linking this post to Saturday Night Special .

2 comments:

  1. Really a great post and all blog.
    Let's follow each other? (let me know)

    Greetings,
    Małgo from
    littleblackkura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete