Translate

Translate

Friday, November 2, 2012

The Charm of Leipers Fork


On Halloween we took a little trip over to Leipers Fork in Williamson County, TN.  I live in the county to the East, which is Rutherford County.   I guess we all get caught up in the day-to-day business of our lives, and forget to stop and look around.  I guess that is what is meant by "stop and smell the roses".   I've been more aware of this as I've watched the new  ABC show "Nashville".  There are so many interesting places  local to me that are shown each week, and most of them I haven't seen in years, or barely glance if passing by.  I decided I need to experience more of the places around me.

Leipers Fork is definitely a "rose" worth stopping to smell.  I've always just thought of it as a part of Williamson County, until Country Living Magazine did a nice spread on it several months ago.  This is Puckett's Grocery, where we had a nice "country" style meat and three lunch.



This is Puckett's from the side.  For some reason, I didn't get any pictures of the front.


Our lunch looked a lot like this.




This is Serenite Maison


I first heard about this store on American Pickers.  The owner helped the pickers furnish and decorate a room for William Shatner.








This is a real estate office.  Love the patina on the roof!


Lots of picket fences.  


This place looked interesting, but unfortunately it wasn't open the day we were there.


Pretty blue bottles strung between the trees.


I have lots more pictures, including a great shop we spent quite a bit of time in.  I'll share these in my next post.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment