Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bookpage Birthday Banner



My daughter is coming home from college next weekend to celebrate her 20th birthday.  She is bringing a couple of friends with her, and we will also be doing a separate family celebration.  I've been rearranging some things and moved this old wood box top to the dining room.  After putting some other pieces in place, I decided it needed a banner.   So, a birthday banner it was.  I can't take credit for the inspiration though.  That came from the adorable Kristen  at ellaclaireinspired.   I used a stapler to put my 2 halves together, then double sided tape to connect each section.  I cut circles out of cardstock, and free handed the letters with a black marker.  I strung my ribbon across my board, then hot glued each pinwheel on, to make sure the spacing fit the box top.









Thanks for stopping by our little blog!  Robin


4 comments:

  1. Robin,
    How fun your daughter's coming home! Mine just celebrated her 21st yesterday. Sorry I'm just getting back to you but it's been crazy here. I will send you an e-mail shortly so we can get things worked out.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,
    PS. Love the banner, very cute!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw!!!... I have been pouring over your beautiful blog and home for the last hour and what a wonderful honor it was to see this!! Your banner is so pretty. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete