Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Front Porch



I've been working on sprucing up the porches.   I have a lot of porch on this house.  More than I can keep up with.  I keep adding a bit more each weekend.  We are actually in the process of converting the screened porch into an enclosed room.  I'm so excited about getting a whole new room!



First came the mums and the flag.  Last weekend we added the wreaths.  I thought these were a great deal from Sam's Club.  They were $30 each.  Of course with 2 front doors, all I could think was Cha Ching!  I looked online at  various places and then went to TJ Max trying to find something less expensive.  But, I found less was just less.  My husband kindly went back to Sam's last weekend and bought these.  They are really big - I think they are 23" or so.



This weekend I bought the little flag from Dollar General and tied to my ladder I had in the kitchen.  I stopped by our local farm stand down the street and got a couple more pumpkins.



I normally use this milk can as a side table, when sitting on my vintage metal bench drinking coffee.



Some close-ups of the wreaths.    This is really a lot of wreath.  




Thanks for stopping by!  
Robin

2 comments:

  1. Robin, what an elegant and festive front porch! I love how you combined vintage details, like your milk can side table, with new items like your wreaths and fresh pumpkins. Decorating big porches can be tough, but you nailed it! Thanks for shopping at Sam’s Club. – Ramona from Sam’s Club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your home is just lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete