Sunday, September 9, 2012

All Because Of A Dishtowel

 


This afternoon I went to Target to get a mattress pad for my daughter's dorm bed.  While I was there, I thought I'd check out the dishtowel aisle for something fallish.  I was thrilled to find this grainsack dishtowel.  It came as a set with a solid pumpkin color towel. 



 I knew I had to find another use for this towel.





After walking through my house draping it over this and that, I decided this stool needed a makeover.  The stool was black, but I gave it a couple of coats of Sherwin Williams Perfect Griege.  I distressed it just a little so bits of black show through. The towel says "Fairhaven Dry Goods 1918". 













This is how it looked before.

T



***Just a special Note if you are local to Nashville/Murfreesboro, TN***

Pam and I will be having a furniture/remodeling/yardsale at my house in the Rockvale area on Sat/Sun Sept. 29th & 30th.  We will have some of our flea market pieces, plus lots of other furniture, including the huge 7 ft. antique mirror from my dining room.  We will post pictures and more information a little later.
Thanks for stopping by!

Robin

1 comment:

  1. Robin,
    love the dishtowel, it looks fantastic on your chair, great job!! I'm so sadddddd! I'll be out of town the weekend of your yard sale helping a friend work on her daughter's wedding!! I know I'm going to be missing out on some great stuff!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete