Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pumpkin Makeover




I'm trying to get an early start on my fall decorating.  After seeing all the decoupage pumpkins last year, I definitely wanted to give it a try.  I took a ceramic pumpkin from my existing decorations, and spray painted it white.  I let it dry overnight.  In hindsight, I realize I should have used an antique white, since the background of my tissue paper wasn't bright white.  I cut the individual images form my tissue paper and applied over a coat of Modge Podge.  I cut bits and pieces of tissue paper to fill in the gaps between images so bits of bright white wouldn't show through.  When I had the entire surface covered, I applied a top coat of Modge Podge.  I used a combination of black and gray paint to cover the stem.  I wanted to use what I had on hand, so the only thing I bought was the tissue paper.  Next time, I think I may buy some of the matte finish Modge Podge first.




  





Thanks for stopping by, and I hope all of you have a great week!  September is almost here!

Robin

1 comment:

  1. I love the reddish orange ribbon on top. It's a beautiful finish to a amazing craft pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete