Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mini Chalk Board


I spent a little time sprucing up my bedroom this weekend.  I had a frame I found at TJ Maxx a few months ago that I wanted to use.  I also remembered I had this typography mat still in the box I had completely forgotten about.


The frame was marked down to $5 because the cardboard backing was missing from one side.  My biggest problem was finding 3 similar pictures in sizes to fit.


I really liked the style, so I decided to make a little chalkboard.  At first I thought I would just pop out the glass, spray with chalkboard paint and be done in about 5 minutes.  Then I realized the glass was glued in the frames.  No problem.   I figured I would just tape off the frame well and spray in the frame. A bit longer than 5 minutes but I really wanted to turn this into a chalk board.  Then I couldn't find any tape.  Since chalk markers are so easy to use on glass, I just sprayed the back of each glass panel with chalkboard paint, and wrote on the front side of the glass.  If you don't count all the thinking time, it was still about a 5 minute project. :)



Thanks for stopping by!
Robin

4 comments:

  1. I love this! What a wonderful idea.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out really pretty! I am going to have to get some chalk markers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If you don't count the thinking time" - that is hilarious! Such a good idea for the frame. I love chalk paint.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete