Sunday, May 6, 2012

Flea Market Finds



I got lucky and found 2 really great things at the flea market last weekend.  I didn't have to go far, which is a good thing otherwise I probably wouldn't have found them.  After I unloaded my car and sat down in our booth for a minute, I looked to my left and spotted this fan in the booth beside us.  At $20 I didn't think twice before telling them I would take it.  It's been restored and still works.  But most importantly, I love the way it looks!





The second thing I found was this chicken wire cloche and pedestal.  To find it, I only had to look across to the booth in front of us.  We were surrounded by awesome vendors this time.  Since we aren't regular vendors, we get last pick of booths and are never in the same place twice.  You never know when you're going to be mixed in with the man selling old tools or the guy selling Halloween jewelry.  This time we were surrounded by vendors with nice furniture or vintage treasures.















The cloche was hand made from chicken wire and painted blue.  The pedestal is a vintage plate on an old insulator.


I just LOVE it! : )






Pam found some great pieces too, including 2 huge old trunks.  They were from the vendor to our right.  Ha ha. Seriously, we didn't have the time or energy to get far from our own booth.

One vendor beside us even gave me  the Spring issue of Flea Market Style and the current Martha Stewart Organizing book and  couple of sewing books.  Total score!    When you spend 3 days in close proximity to   people, you have a chance to bond : )

We spent most of yesterday working on an order for a store in Birmingham, AL.  We will share pictures when we get it finished later this week.

Thanks so much for stopping by our blog!

6 comments:

  1. I hope your time at the flea mkt was a success. We did end up coming, but I could not for the life of me remember where you said your booth was. I found some cool stuff as well. Just posted on a couple of things on my last two posts that I found.

    Are you going to be there next time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only do the flea market a couple of times per year. We are working on plans for the fall, and hope to do an artisan show. I think the biggest disadvantage of the flea market is we are never in the same place twice, and it makes it harder for everone. Sorry we missed you!

      Delete
  2. I love the fan, the color is perfect. Wish I lived closer would love to shop your store. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn. We appreciate your visits here on the blog :)

      Delete
  3. love...love...love those fans! I collect vintage fans and have quite a collection:) They just make me so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the fan is FANtastic lol! I love it!

    ReplyDelete