Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Italian Clay Pots and Orange Mint



I wanted to share these Italian clay pots I found today.  I had trouble getting pictures that show the true color.  They are brown, instead of the reddish terracotta color of regular pots.   In fact, the traditional color pots were sold out.  It was the brown color of these that caught my attention.





I guess this picture below is closer to the true color.




This is an orange mint plant.  I've never heard of such a thing until today.  The feed store where I bought this also had apple mint.  I'm going to plant this in the ground this weekend and hope it survives.  Orange mint iced tea will be good on a hot summer day. 





I think the most surprising thing to me is where I found these.



Would you believe I found them at Walmart?  

Thanks for stopping by!  
Robin



7 comments:

  1. Imagine that.. Walmart shopping in Italy instead of china for a change!
    laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, that's exactly what I thought! Except for the occasional "made in the USA" I thought China was all there was for Walmart.
      Robin

      Delete
  2. Love the Orange Mint! I have been wanting to start a little garden for a while now, thaks for the lovely ideas

    Ciara Brady
    lovely-darling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for the garden Ciara :) I love the feeling of walking outside and gathering our food. Each year is different, some things do better than others, but it is very rewarding.
      Robin

      Delete
  3. The little pots are so sweet. Word to the wise: don't plant that mint in your garden. It will be everywhere in no time flat. Several years ago, I planted 2 lemon mint plants, and it is all over!!! Smells wonderful, but very invasive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I may be the only person that can kill a mint plant. My last 2 died. I'll be optimistic and find a special spot for this one! :)

      Delete
  4. Now that is amazing that you can find anything at Walmart not made in China, impressive!!

    ReplyDelete