Monday, April 23, 2012

A Big Sign



This has been on my to-do list for a very long time.   This is a top to an old wood box.  I bought it about 4 years ago at the Nashville Flea Market.  I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to use it for when I bought it.  It's been setting down by the barn ever since.  The good part is it has aged to a beautiful shade of grey.



Since I've been seeing through flea market eyes the last two weeks, everything looks like a potential project.



After using my new stencil, I sanded and waxed the wood.  I love how the wax brought out nice darker shades of grey in certain places.




I propped it up in front our fireplace on the porch so I could take pictures, but I'm thinking this would be a nice way to use it.   I'm going to take it to the Nashville Flea Market with us on Friday.  But if it doesn't sell, I  know where it's going :)


Thanks for stopping by!


I'm linking this up to the Cowgirl Up Link Party at Farmhouse Porch

4 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful piece! Best wishes on the flea market this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this piece!
    :) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you girls setting up at the flea market this weekend?

    I'll be there to shop!

    tot

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be there bright and early Friday morning :) Shed #2 in space # 2015. I think it is about 8 spaces in. Look forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete