Sunday, April 1, 2012

A $33 Makeover



Thanks to a good morning of yard sales, I was able to make over this area for only $33.  The picture below is before.  The white dresser was just too large and bulky for this space.

The after:  I got the large gold frame for $5, the cake stand for $5, the milk bottle for $3 and the dresser for $20.


Before




After


The dresser is pine and had been painted white, and then stripped.  Bits of white paint were remaining, which I loved.  I would have liked to have just waxed it as was, but there were a few water spots on top. And, the wood tones in my dining room were much darker than the pine.  I white washed it and then wiped that off.  Then I waxed with the Annie Sloan clear wax, and followed with a heavy brushing of the dark wax.





























I'm linking this to Cowgirl Up at Cedar Hill Ranch

Thanks for stopping by!  Robin

13 comments:

  1. Wow, your dresser besides being a great deal, looks fabulous! Like all your finds, you got some great deals.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great restyle I really like the technique you used its rustic but not gawdy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chest has somewhat of a pickled look- just a bit darker. You bought it for a good price and really improved its look. Visiting from Cowgirl Up.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin, Your chest makeover looks wonderful. I like how you've styled it with your yard sale finds. Can I come over for a piece of pie? :-)
    I'm a new follower and hope you'll stop by.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a find, I love it. It looks like an old reclaimed piece you would pay a lot of money for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it and am featuring it on the ranch FB page !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Anita! And, thanks ladies for all the other lovely comments :) Sincerely, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new dresser! It's the perfect size for the space, and what an amazing deal on it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you did with the dresser. I love it even more with the bits of white paint remaining. I am planning to strip the paint off of my stair spindles very soon. I hope to achieve that same look. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is nothing better than creating something beautiful and you did an awesome job. The pie looks yummy!! Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Brandi! Can't wait to see what yo do with your stairs. Your projects always look great.

    ReplyDelete