Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Sign And A Find


A couple of weeks ago I made this sign using an old cutting board.  I had previously painted the board black and used it when putting out hot dishes on the island or counter top.  When I ordered this French grain sack stencil, I was hoping it would be a good match for this board.



Over the past weekend, Pam and I took a trip to Alabama to visit our Dad.  I found this vintage baby scale at a cute little store in Haleyville.   I wasn't sure just where I was going to put it, but this spot caught my eye as soon as I brought it in from the car.


Love the colors and rust :)




When making my sign, I heavily distressed the paint, then waxed with clear and dark wax.  I added the burlap ribbon because I first thought about hanging it.  




Thanks for stopping by!

Robin

I'm linking this to Cedarhill Ranch Cowgirl-up-linky-party

2 comments:

  1. Robin,
    your sign is adorable! Love the burlap ribbon!
    Are you guys planning on being at the flea anytime soon?
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca! We are planning to be there next month. Once I book a space I will post the info.

    ReplyDelete