Thursday, March 22, 2012

Coffee Table Makeover




This coffee table has been in need of a make over for too long.  This was my first furniture purchase from Pottery Barn, many years ago.   Instead of dusting, I had gotten to where I just washed it off with a wet cloth because there were so many rings and sticky places from everyone's drinks and snacks they parked on the table.  It had also become a magnet for old stray magazines underneath.  I painted it with Annie Sloan's French Linen, and waxed with the clear and dark waxes.




My daughter was in elementary school when we bought this table.  Shortly after, she was painting her nails and in an effort to be careful, put a tissue down on the table before placing her polish-remover-soaked cotton balls on it : )  Through the years I just strategically placed a tray or accessories over this spot.  Now that she is a big college girl, this spot seemed pretty sentimental to me.  For a brief moment I hesitated to paint over it.   I seem to cling harder to pictures and memories of my son's and daughter's childhood now that they are "adults".


I took this opportunity to get rid of all the old magazines.  The large tray on the left came from a yard sale, and the stack of metal plates on the right were shared with me by Pam.  I think a friend of her actually found a bunch of these at a yard sale.



The black pitcher came from a yard sale.  The tray on top was purchased several years ago at a consignment store.




The bird came from Linda at  http://simplypainted.blogspot.com/ .  The keys came from Lorie at http://www.katiesrosecottageblog.com/ , and the candle came from a vendor at the Vintage Market Place, but I can't remember the name of their business.  I love that so many of my things have a face or story behind them.




I'm linking this to Feathered Nest Friday  at French Country Cottage and Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence.

Thanks for stopping by!

Robin



1 comment:

  1. You did such a beautiful job! I love the color you chose. And I love the style of course!

    ReplyDelete