Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Vintage Market Place Purchase

.  


I really had trouble deciding what to buy last week at the Vintage Market Place.  All the booths were wonderful and I could have happily come home with many different things from each booth.  Unfortunately my budget required me to be selective.  I kept going back to these lamps, and ultimately decided one large purchase would make more of style statement in my home than a few smaller things.  Pam also made a large purchase, which we will share with you as soon as she gets some pictures.




I opted not to buy a shade at the same place, in an attempt to save a little money.  In the end I saved $15 in exchange for a bit of time.  I had trouble finding a shade that was tall enough to cover the lamp hardware.  I bought the trim and matching tassel at Hobby Lobby and glued the trim to the bottom of the shade using a hot glue gun.  The tassel is wrapped around the base of the hardware and also adds a little extra detail.  The lamp was made from an old porch post.











Thanks for stopping by!
Robin and Pam


2 comments:

  1. OOh, I love this!! Someone got very creative making this cute lamp and I'm so glad that it's now yours.
    Love the shade too, very sweet. Looks wonderful in your room.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete