Thursday, January 5, 2012

....and now I know my abc's......Alphabet Love





This fancy new "script" or "document" fabric is really popular.  I decided I needed to find some and make something.  My favorite go-to place for fabric and craft supplies is Hobby Lobby.  It is hands down better than the other folks, Michael and JoAnn, at least around our neck of the woods.  Pretty this fabric is, cheap it isn't.  This was around $25 per yard.  However, it seems Hobby Lobby "always" has their upholstery fabric on sale for 30% off.


Since Pam brought me 2 antique ladder backs recently (that she no longer needed after some make-overs at her house), I thought this would be the perfect way to use this fabric.  Especially since I only bought 1 1/2 yards : )  This was how I spent my New Year's Eve.  Sewing seat covers.


And, it's matchy matchy with my old script bamboo rug.












While this project was somewhat fulfilling, my love affair with the alphabet isn't over yet.   There are several versions of this fabric on the market, and I'm dying to acquire some more!

I'm linking this to:

 Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage.
creatingahouseofgrace
happyhourprojects

11 comments:

  1. What cute fabric and chair slips! They have such great fabric out there- I need to have houses in order to use all the prints I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, really cute! love it!
    xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh love this fabric and the chair cover is just perfect with your bamboo frenchee rug.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it!! I haven't seen that at Hobby Lobby but didn't even think to look in the upholstery fabric area ~
    I love what you did with it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful and I love the chair too! I'm following you girls! can't wait to see what else you've got going on and I am going to snoop around a little more...

    Have a great weekend, Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Thanks for stopping by Harrison Home! Your newest follower! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chairs turned out adorable! That fabric is very cool! Hobby Lobby is my favorite too! I always seem to find better stuff for better prices there! If you get a chance, stop over, I posted pics of our old store.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely live in the wrong part of the world because I cannot find any type of script fabric anywhere for the life of me! I am going to have to resort to ordering it online I guess. Love the chair and the fabric!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought some of this fabric last night for a friend of mine! Your chair cushion looks great!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  10. They also had it in grey, which was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling- thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete