Monday, December 12, 2011

A Party






Last weekend Pam hosted a wedding party for some friends that recently took a romantic trip to Napa to get married at a vineyard.   She ordered these cute cupcake papers and bride and groom pics from Williams-Sonoma.  Then she asked me to bake 75 red velvet cupcakes, with a rich cream cheese frosting.  Just to make sure the frosting was rich enough,  I used a Paula Deen recipe.  Yep.  I used lots of lots of butter.  I also baked the cupcakes in white papers so the color wouldn't bleed through the pretty papers.





I like my wood cake pedestal.  I found it at Goodwill for $3 and painted it with the chalk paint in Old Ochre for the party.







This table and china cabinet actually belonged to our grandparents.  It was in need of refinishing, so Pam painted it with Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint.









The gift table.














To get her house ready for the party, Pam did a lot of painting and sprucing up.  I'll post some of those pictures a little later. 


4 comments:

  1. my mouth is watering looking at those cup cakes. They are so perfect and red velvet is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,
    What a fun party and what cute cupcakes! Love the way her table and cabinet turned out, beautiful!
    Hope your holidays are merry!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again Robin! Cupcakes were perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, your dining room looks so elegant and I love the little cupcake toppers. The hutch and dining table turned out fabulous in Old White.

    I am your newest follower :)

    xoxo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete