Friday, November 18, 2011

Close Encounters Of The Famous Kind - Ramblings of our Friday afternoon

This afternoon I turned into Hillsboro Village, a trendy little shopping/social area in Nashville.  The street is always bumper to bumper traffic.  I noticed this huge white Mercedes van, that I was trying not to hit, as I rounded the corner.  As I got up beside the van, the logo suddenly looked very familiar.  It was the Antique Archaeology van.   Just to confirm my suspicions, I stared into the window to see the driver.  Since we were sitting at a standstill, I quickly texted Pam, who has been in Chicago all week on a business trip.  If you've read some of our summer posts, you know how Pam feels about Mike Wolfe.

Me:  Omg!  Mike Wolfe n his van beside me!
Me:  N hillsboro village.
Me:  Same van from show..

Pam:  OMG!!!
Pam:  I never see anyone!!

Me:  I know!  He wust spnnd lot timew here..

Just for the record, I was not driving and texting. I'm just in desperate need of a phone upgrade.  And some eyeglasses. 

Then we continue our texting into this evening as she is at the airport and telling me her flight, which was already a late flight from O'Hare, is delayed because of a wind advisory.  I'm feeling bad for her as I know she is going to have to spend several hours at the airport, at the least.  But then I get another text from her.

Pam:  Just saw John Oats of Hall and Oats walk by...
Pam:  People I'm traveling with are young... had no idea who I was talking about..
Pam:  He's tiny...carrying his guitar.
Pam:  I'm really feeling old!

Well, I'm older than Pam, so you know how that makes me feel.  And, earlier this week I actually addressed a grocery store employee as "Young Man"...

Like I told a man at the flea market last month, we were sisters before we were vintage!  Alas, we are 2 vintage sisters.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Robin

5 comments:

  1. Mike has a new store down there some where! Not sure where it is at! Maybe you can find out and go there!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, somehow my comment was all messed up so had to delete! What I said was how cool it was that you guys had "close encounters" with 2 of the coolest guys and if you 2 are "vintage", what does that make me, I actually have Hall and Oats ALBUMS!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rebecca, I had their album too!

    ReplyDelete