Saturday, October 8, 2011

Vintage Ticking Rocker



This project was a bit ambitious for me right before Flea Market time.  Typically, Pam is furniture and I'm accessories.  I bought this rocker off Craigs List early in the year, but we didn't have time to get to it before the Flea Market this past June. I really hated to miss it again.  I painted the rocker a vintage white, I think it's called bleached muslin.  I distressed it, then waxed it.  I reupholstered it in black and white ticking, and then trimmed it out with a pleated black grosgrain ribbon.  I can't wait to get everything displayed at the Flea Market.  We will have 2 booths, and plan to do one booth in all black and white.


























Here is the "before".  I also replaced the webbing under the seat.  That's the old webbing hanging down in this picture.



Thanks for stopping by!  If you are in or near the Nashville, TN area and plan to come to the Nashville Flea Market, please come by and say Hello!


                                          


I'm linking this to Feathered Nest Friday

13 comments:

  1. What a great job...I am sure you will not have it very long! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great restyle I love the fabric choice. Your idea of having a booth with just B&W is such a great idea. I wish you both much success, stop by for a blog visit! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,
    Amazing job! It's beautiful,what a transformation, fabric and color, perfect!
    I'm planning on coming to the Flea, will look for you guys!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls did a great job. I glad to meet another Tennessean and ones who like the old. Your new follower #92.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out great!! Such a change. New follower coming over from Everything Under the Moon. Stop by and give us a visit some time :)

    ~Nikki
    http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello....I read from Walnut and Vine you'll be at the Nashville Flea Market next weekend in Shed 5....Mel's Designs (that's Me) will be in Shed 4.....I love the mule barn...such cool wood stalls....alas...there was no room for us, but we're on the edge of Shed 4 facing the Rabbit Barn ...on the right...hope to meet you both....Mel's Designs from the Cabin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to everyone above for visiting our blog and leaving nice comments! We love to hear from you. Hoping to get to chat with everyone that makes it to the Flea Market this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin & Pam,
    I just awarded you guys with the Versatile Blogger award, check out my post on Wed, Oct 19 for the instructions. I'd love for you to let me know when you post about it so I can read some new things about you guys!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Pam and Robin,

    Love the rocker re-do--can't go wrong with ticking, that's for sure! I'll be in Nashville over MLK weekend in January. Can you recommend any shops in the area to visit?

    Thanks!
    Erin
    Carolina Country Living

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did such a beautiful job with it! You're making me wish I lived in Nashville so I could come get it :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girls, it was such a pleasure meeting the two of you yesterday!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erin, I'm going to get some addresses of shops for you and send you an email later. I would love to meet up with you for coffee or lunch if you have time while you are in town!

    ReplyDelete