Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ball Mason Jar Graphic - One More Reason To Love Graphics Fairy



As if we didn't already love Karen at  The Graphics Fairy.  This image of a Ball Mason jar will make you swoon.  Seriously. I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw this image pop up on my sidebar today.  I have been wanting an image of this jar, and had considered trying to sketch one myself.



I didn't waste any time.  I came home tonight and made this canvas and dish towel using the transfer method described here.  For the canvas I used a piece of drop cloth fabric, using the image here.  After I heat set the image with a hot iron, I gently stretched it over an 8 x 10 canvas.  You don't want to pull the fabric too tight or it will distort the image.  I then stapled the edges on the back of the canvas frame with my staple gun.  I trimmed the edges with some pleated black ribbon left over from the rocker re-do.  I wanted to hot glue the trim, but with all the craziness from the Flea Market, I couldn't find my glue gun.  Or any kind of glue.










I kept the image rather large.  You can adjust it to suite your project before printing.





2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lori. I LOVE the necklace I ordered from you and wore it at the flea market last weekend!

    ReplyDelete