Friday, July 29, 2011

Not Myself – Things I’ve Done This Week



For some reason after I discovered that a store in Brentwood, TN carries the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, it was all I could think about. Even though I have more on my to-do list than I can handle, I used my lunch hour to go to Brentwood and buy some paint this week. Based on what I’ve heard, practically no prep is needed when using this paint so I thought this would be good to use on my dining room table. Even though I bought a gallon of Sherwin William’s Creamy White paint specifically for the table, I used it on other things then let the rest of it set out in the heat on my porch and dry up.

Probably the biggest impulsive and out-of-character thing I’ve done this week was make a large purchase. It was so impulsive I had placed the order before I barely realized what happened. Oh, the dangers of the Internet and an account with Pay pal. The purchasing process is lightening fast I tell you. Lightening fast. If you read Miss Mustard Seed's blog this week, you probably know what I’ve done. I’ll share a picture when it arrives. And when I figure out what to do with it. I won’t even mention what happened with Etsy. In case my family is reading this, I’m using what’s left of my proceeds from last month’s flea market sales to cover my purchases.

I can only think of 2 reasons why my behavior has been so out of character lately.

1.  My first born is going away to college and moving into a dorm in 2 weeks.
2.  My first born is going away to college and moving into a dorm in 2 weeks.
And - My baby starts his senior year of high school next week. Empty nest syndrome is setting in and I’m in a tailspin.

Check back in a few days because a company contacted me about sponsoring an awesome giveaway. It’s something I’ve tried to win before on another blog.

Thanks for stopping by!
Robin

4 comments:

  1. Okay Robin you are cracking me up and making me curious what you bought :)
    I did that a few weeks ago on ASCP and after I bought a HUGE amount I kind of freaked out but am having fun with it ~
    Actually I made a couple of those random "what am I doing" purchases last week ~
    AHHHHHH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, it doesn't take much ASCP to make a big purchase. I managed to get out with only 1 quart. Probably because I've never used it before. I don't think I want to know how much you bought :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that you bought that wonderful french script rug, betcha! LOL!

    I'm ready for some chalk paint too.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Sissie has been reading Miss Mustard Seed this week :)

    The store owner where I bought the paint is going to England next week to train with Annie Sloan. I think I'll be visiting her store again very soon.

    ReplyDelete