Monday, May 30, 2011

A Recent Trip To The Nashville Flea Market



We had a great and interesting trip to the Flea Market on Saturday.  I scored a personal find that was serendipitous!  The picture above is a hint.  It also works well with a little project I've been working on the last week or so.  I'll post pictures when I'm finished.  We also found a few items that we will work on for our booth there next month.   

Perhaps the most interesting part of our day was observing everyone's reactions to the multitude of cicadas prevalent at the flea market.  For those of you not in the South, or familiar with cicadas, these are huge bugs that apparently emerge every 13 years.  They also make a humming sound that can be pretty loud.  The woods behind my house are full of them and I feel like I've been living in a Stephen King movie for the past 2 weeks.  They were dive bombing everyone at the flea market.  There was a constant scene of shrieking, hair swinging and limb flailing.  I thought I was going to get a case of whiplash myself from trying to shake them out of my hair.  I felt bad for the vendors as some people just gave up on trying to look at things as they seemed to be targets while standing still.  These crazy bugs are only supposed to stay out about 6 weeks. I'm not sure which week we are in now, but I sure hope they are gone soon!

1 comment: