Saturday, April 30, 2011

Rusty




Crusty




 Love





I've been trying to change the style of my powder room lately, one frugal find at a time.  A few weekends ago I found these 2 frames.  I actually found them different places and different weekends at yard sales.  Pam has been working on Saturdays since last November, so I decided to brave a few lone weekends of treasure hunting without her.  I was happy to find that the current issue of Country Living Magazine had a similar idea about using frames.




With all the white, I felt like this space needed something incredibly rustic or industrial.  My mother-in-law just happened upon this old lantern in her attic and brought it to me.  She had no idea how much I loved lanterns.  Or needed something just like this in my powder room.  It was actually her idea.  I was showing her my changes and commented on its lack of something, and she brought this in.  Wow.  That was certainly a lucky weekend for me.  There is even another one.  Fancier.  When I get it cleaned up I'll share a picture. 





Beginning next Saturday, Pam is off on weekends again.  We are getting geared up for a big weekend of treasure hunting and I am so excited.  We are on the hunt for some flea market projects.

2 comments:

  1. The lantern is great! Your mom has good taste!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry. I'm very fortunate that she is always sending things my way!

    ReplyDelete