Sunday, March 20, 2011

Robert Wilder and My Powder Room




Okay, so the two aren't necessarily connected.  I picked up some French hand soap and a small planter type container at Marshall's this week that inspired me to freshen up my powder room.  Funny how something so small can have such an impact on how you see things.  While I was at it, I thought it would be a good time to put together one of those book bundles everyone is using these days.  I grabbed the 2 vintage hard cover books Pam and I picked up at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago.  I stripped the cover off one, and with my twine ball and scissors ready, was about to strip the cover off the second one when I noticed this.






This is a 1940 printing of a Robert Wilder book.  I don't think this is the kind of book I should be ripping apart.  Pottery Barn even states their books are glued together and for decorative purposes only.  I certainly won't be trying that.  Maybe that's why my book bundle didn't cost me $39 like the PB bundle of 4 books.  I'm going to hang on to this one in its original form.




I used a page from a vintage French novel to display on top of the stack.









No comments:

Post a Comment