Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Little Ladder



I like the newness of a completed project to brighten up the place a bit.  Often I don't have the time to commit to a large project, like my dining room table.  I've had the paint and have been cautiously circling the table for weeks now.  I just can't get up the courage to take on something that big at the moment.   I like to finish things quickly.  So leaving something "in progress" for a while doesn't work for me.  As I was contemplating the table again the other day, I walked into the garage and spotted this little ladder.  I bought this at a thrift store several months ago, with the intention of actually using it as a step ladder in my kitchen.  On this particular day I picked up, walking through the house trying it out in different spots.

This is where I landed with it:


 


I am loving this white.  I copied Miss Mustard Seed  and used the color "creamy", which is her signature white.



Small projects are the perfect solution when you want a change with little commitment.  Or, you're afraid of your dining room table.
+

6 comments:

  1. I love ladders used like that, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! They are certainly versatile. My other choice was to put some towels on it in the powder room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when I find these little ladders. They always look cute painted up. Yours looks sweet and yes, it sure beats painting the dining room table.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin,
    Thought I was leaving you a comment under this post but it was under the one previous to this. Love the ladder, they are so cute and useful!
    Let me know where you will be set up at the flea in May, would love to see your space!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rebecca! We were pretty clueless last September (the one and only time we've done the flea market). This time I hope to make a more informed decision when we book our space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a soft spot for ladders. I love it!
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete