Monday, January 24, 2011

My New Ride



Okay, so my salt and pepper shakers my be the only thing riding around in this truck.  And eggs.  I was so excited to get my little truck that I had it deliver some eggs to my other blog.

I first saw this vintage style goodie at a blog by Donna at Funky Junk Interiors .  It was love at first sight.  But not just for me.  Several people were wanting to know where she found it, which happened to be Costco.  I don't think it was recently and I don't have a Costco membership.  So, I resorted to the Internet.  This is a Ford F100 die cast model truck at 1:24 scale.  It is about 7 inches long.  About the only part that doesn't move is the tail gate, so my new salt and pepper shakers wouldn't fit.  Fortunately I had this pair, which are the small kind used for multiple placements on a table.  With shipping this truck was around $21.  A larger scale model was available (1:18 I think), but I couldn't bring myself to pay around $40 for a toy truck.  And, this size fits nicely on my kitchen table.


How many pictures can one possibly take of a toy truck? Quite a few. If one is me.








 







5 comments:

  1. I love this truck, too. Never saw anything like this at Costco, I should pay more attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! And that's a really clever use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I have a feeling there may be more of these in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it the cutest? Maybe it would look even prettier with some colorful puff. Maybe little flowers perhaps? It would be perfect as an accent in a kitchen corner. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hohoho, so that's your car! It's really cute. But don't fret if your pepper and salt containers go missing. Your car may have just brought it to other places, LOL! Anyway, your $61 was well spent. Seeing something like that everyday somehow releases stress.

    ReplyDelete