Monday, August 9, 2010

To Cage An Owl






Isn't he cute?  I bought this basket at Three French Hens in Nolensville, TN on Saturday.  I almost didn't buy it because it had a bent and broken wire.  A pair of pliers and some ribbon and you'd never know.  I couldn't resist caging the owl.  This is something my daughter made.  She created the owl from various scrap book paper designs, and Modge Podged them onto painted canvas.  The eyes are large  and small buttons sewn on the canvas.

Our little outing this weekend to the Triune flea market was a TOTAL BUST.  I couldn't believe it.  There was nothing there even close to any flea market I've ever been to.  It was mostly carnival type food, produce and socks. 

We finished up the morning by going back to The Roost where we bought some great vintage buttons we will be using on some future projects.


Thanks for stopping by!

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment