Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Stop In Chapel Hill, TN





On our way to Alabama last Saturday morning, I kept my eyes open for any yard sales along the way.  None. Zip. Zilch.  I couldn't believe it.  I did recall a little thrift shop along the way in Chapel Hill.

We pulled in the parking lot of this place and my son exclaimed "Oh Great.  The House O' Crap!".


Well, he wasn't completely wrong.  But, I did find the milk glass dish and 2 mason jars at this store.  There were also some interesting windows out front, but we didn't have the time, or room in the car. 

Just a short distance down the road we spotted this place.  The side and front porches were filled with some interesting pieces and I was sure there were more inside.





I was disappointed to find this sign on the door.  Closed on the particular weekend I happened to stop by.


This place is only about 30 minutes from my house.  It just happens to be in the opposite direction of my day-to-day life.   But, I'm still wondering if there is some reasonably priced treasure inside waiting for me.  So, I'll definitely be making a trip back there before long.

No comments:

Post a Comment